Press release Fridaysforfuture 21 March 2019During the week of March 15, there were at least 1.6 million strikers on all 7 continents, in more thn 125 countries and in well over 2000 places.
The 1.6million strikers is data gathered by FFF for 40% of countries.
Over 1million has been confirmed by the 30% of cities, which have reported.
Report after your strike >
Here are some general guidelines:1. Fridaysforfuture want you to only strike in a way, that you feel safe with.
2. Many Fridaysforfuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
3. It is common for these approvals to only allow for a quiet, sitting protest.
4. Fridaysforfuture are unlikely to be able to provive legal support if there are problems, so FFF advises strikers to liase with local NGOs. These NGOs usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
5. We are a peaceful and quiet striking organisation, but unfortunately we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organisations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care and prioritise your own safety.
Please let us know if we can help with further questions.
March 15 - School Strikers: "Dear adults, use your power"!
What is Fridays For Future?#FridaysforFuture is a peoples movement following the call from @GretaThunberg to school strike.
Why are kids striking?School children are required to attend school. But with the worsening Climate Destruction this goal of going to school begins to be pointless.
- Why study for a future, which may not be there?
- Why spend a lot of effort to become educated, when our governments are not listening to the educated?
The basics on how/when/where to strikeGreta requests that people strike infront of their closest town hall, every friday. With a sign, take a picture and post it with the hashtags
How supporters can supportMany people do not think they can strike, i.e. they are worried about their school grades. The Belgium schools all used clocks which then 'struck' and then took a picture and this was there method to strike on November 30. Other groups have other ways to find a way to strike, even churches have their bells strike! Some empathy strike. All support is welcome.
If you post your work with the hashtag #FridaysForFuture and #ClimateStrike we will be able to find and share your excellent work.
About Fridays For Future