Greta Thunberg: - Everybody is welcome, everybody is needed!FFF-strikes continue through the summer.
Two youth get-togethers/trainings
Youth between 14-22 years
Dates: Germany (August 9-16, 2019)
Brussels (October 28-30, 2019)
Belgium, Youth For Climate/Students For Climate
United Kingdom, Extinction Rebellion Youth
Are you interested in doing something to stop global warming and the destruction of our beautiful planet, and are you between 14 and 22 years old? Then this project could be something for you! It consists of two youth get-togethers/trainings: an action summer camp in Germany (August 9-16, 2019) and a Brussels lobbying conference (October 28-30, 2019). Applicants are expected to participate in both events.
If you are interested, please fill out the form by pushing Camp for future. /Marjolein Moreaux
Here are some general guidelines:1. Fridaysforfuture want you to only strike in a way, that you feel safe with.
2. Many Fridaysforfuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
3. It is common for these approvals to only allow for a quiet, sitting protest.
4. Fridaysforfuture are unlikely to be able to provive legal support if there are problems, so FFF advises strikers to liase with local NGOs. These NGOs usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
5. We are a peaceful and quiet striking organisation, but unfortunately we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organisations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care and prioritise your own safety.
Please let us know if we can help with further questions.
March 15 - School Strikers: "Dear adults, use your power"!
What is Fridays For Future?#FridaysforFuture is a peoples movement following the call from @GretaThunberg to school strike.
Why are kids striking?School children are required to attend school. But with the worsening Climate Destruction this goal of going to school begins to be pointless.
- Why study for a future, which may not be there?
- Why spend a lot of effort to become educated, when our governments are not listening to the educated?
The basics on how/when/where to strikeGreta requests that people strike infront of their closest town hall, every friday. With a sign, take a picture and post it with the hashtags
How supporters can supportMany people do not think they can strike, i.e. they are worried about their school grades. The Belgium schools all used clocks which then 'struck' and then took a picture and this was there method to strike on November 30. Other groups have other ways to find a way to strike, even churches have their bells strike! Some empathy strike. All support is welcome.
If you post your work with the hashtag #FridaysForFuture and #ClimateStrike we will be able to find and share your excellent work.
About Fridays For Future