Naomi Klein & Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum | Talks For Future - Fridays For Future
Corona virus and climate activismListen to the science and local rules and guidelines.
Prioritise health and safety.
If striking in public with others may put your health at risk, choose other kinds of climate activism, for instance:
- emailing politicians
- posting on social media
- #Silentstrike anywhere
- #ClimateHowl anywhere
- put a strike sign in your window and post a photo of it on social media. #climatestrike; #fridaysforfuture.
- online zoom strike with others
- prepare future activities, thinking about what may be effective approaches
Important to flatten the curve in an epidemic
WHO calls coronavirus a pandemic - but what does it mean?
IPCC – Baba Brinkman Music Video - Baba Brinkman
“Today’s business as usual is turning into a crime against humanity. We demand that leaders play their part in putting an end to this madness.”— Greta Thunberg (@GretaThunberg) January 18, 2020
These are our demands for the #WEF2020 in #Davos https://t.co/GVcDtoU7gh
Newsletter jan 15th 2020 - Australian School Strikers Call for Climate Vigils in Solidarity with Australian Bushfires
Beyond Greta Thunberg The uprising of youth climate activists
Australia is Burning | Extinction Rebellion
Settler Colonialism Is Behind Climate Denial | Novara Media
What If...? | a spoof in which we make all the right decisions | Extinction Rebellion
Dr Peter Carter: summarising the lack of "climate emergency" at #COP25
2020-01-03 Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfvén proposed of installing a Citizens’ Assembly
We will keep pushing him and all politicians until they do enough and speak out enough!"
- Peter Forsberg on facebook
Russia - Arrested: FridaysForFuture-striker Arshak Makichyan
School strike week 70. Stockholm!
Greta Thunberg How Dare You! Remix Playlist
Newsletter For Future 2019-12-12 URGENT: INTERNATIONAL STRIKE THIS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13TH, IN RESPONSE TO COP25 EVENTSOn Wednesday, December 11th, over 300 climate activists, including many young climate strikers from around the world, were kicked out of COP25 in Madrid after protesting for women’s and indigenous people’s rights and calling for ambitious actions from rich countries. The voices of millions of people are silenced at the climate change conference in Madrid. While civil society was kicked out from the COP25, fossil fuel lobbyists remained inside. This cannot be tolerated!
We cannot accept this injustice and violation of human rights. We have to stand up for our rights and our future! The climate strikers present in Madrid are calling out for an international strike and action day TOMORROW, Friday, December 13th. We need to call attention to the inaction at COP25 and the exclusion of civil society from COP25.
Please mobilize your local groups this Friday, and forward to all strikers around the world!
The outcomes of COP25 are insufficient, and a painful image of how little politicians care about the planet. We stand in solidarity with indigenous people, people from the Global South, and people that are already suffering from the climate crisis.
We will no longer accept empty words. We need leaders that listen to the people.
These pictures will go around the world.— Fridays For Future Germany (@FridayForFuture) December 11, 2019
After chanting for climate justice inside #COP25, young people & indigenous leaders were pushed outside the conference. People were bullied & kicked. Then we were kettled on the street & refused to get back in – but we won't be silenced! pic.twitter.com/brMlfFXwsr
Why I became a climate activist -- and you should, too | Luisa Neubauer | TEDxYouth@München
Report past strike
Greta Thunberg's UN Sept 23 speech
UN Award for FFF
- Fridaysforfuture want you to only strike in a way, that you feel safe with.
- Many Fridaysforfuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
- It is common for these approvals to only allow a quiet, sitting protest.
- A. ARZ: ActivismRiskZone is a working group aiming to support activism in risk zones. Use #ARZ_helps if a minor Human Rights violation occurs and you would like to lift awareness
B. Fridaysforfuture are unlikely to be able to provide legal support if there are problems, so FFF advises strikers to liaise with local Non Government Organisations and email Arz@fridaysforfuture.org. These NGOs, for example, Amnesty, Greenpeace, 350, WWF, usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
C. Recommended reading for ActivismRiskZone
- We are a peaceful and quiet striking organisation, but unfortunately we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organisations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care and prioritise your own safety.
- Fridaysforfuture recommends that all strikers at risk use anonymous style emails if you would like to be contactable from the map, e.g. FFF_happystriker@gmail.com
Read Newsletter - and sign up!
FridaysForFuture-app available here
Fridays For Future - The World Needs You
FFF is a global movement. Greta with subtitles in traditional Chinese
UNITY - Fridays For Future (Musicvideo)FFF in Vienna have a new anthem in English for the FFF movement. Worldwide recordings have been added to a combined WORLD UNITY Fridays For Future music video! Watch and read more here!
Here are some general guidelines:1. Fridaysforfuture want you to only strike in a way, that you feel safe with.
2. Many Fridaysforfuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
3. It is common for these approvals to only allow for a quiet, sitting protest.
4. Fridaysforfuture are unlikely to be able to provive legal support if there are problems, so FFF advises strikers to liase with local NGOs. These NGOs usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
5. We are a peaceful and quiet striking organisation, but unfortunately we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organisations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care and prioritise your own safety.
Please let us know if we can help with further questions.
What is Fridays For Future?#FridaysforFuture is a peoples movement following the call from @GretaThunberg to school strike.
Why are kids striking?School children are required to attend school. But with the worsening Climate Destruction this goal of going to school begins to be pointless.
- Why study for a future, which may not be there?
- Why spend a lot of effort to become educated, when our governments are not listening to the educated?
The basics on how/when/where to strikeGreta requests that people strike infront of their closest town hall, every friday. With a sign, take a picture and post it with the hashtags
How supporters can supportMany people do not think they can strike, i.e. they are worried about their school grades. The Belgium schools all used clocks which then 'struck' and then took a picture and this was there method to strike on November 30. Other groups have other ways to find a way to strike, even churches have their bells strike! Some empathy strike. All support is welcome.
If you post your work with the hashtag #FridaysForFuture and #ClimateStrike we will be able to find and share your excellent work.
About Fridays For Future